Five Bean Casserole
Prep time 10 Minutes
Cook time 2 hrs 30 Minutes
½ lb bacon
2 c chopped onion
½ c packed brown sugar
1 tsp mustard powdered
½ tsp garlic powder
1 tsp salt
½ c cider vinegar
1 can butter beans
1 can lima beans, drained
1 can kidney beans, drained
1 can garbanzo beans, drained
1 can baked beans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place bacon in large, deep skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside.
- Sauté onion in bacon fat; add the brown sugar, mustard, garlic powder, salt and vinegar. Cook covered on low heat for 20 minutes.
In a four quart baking dish, combine bacon, onion mixture, all the beans and mix well and bake covered for 1 ½ hours. Uncover and bake 30 – 45 minutes longer. Enjoy!
Want to save money on laundry detergent? Make your own! I have been making my own laundry detergent for over 6 years. At 10 cents a load I save hundreds of dollars a year!
What you will need:
A box of 20 Mule Team Boarox,
A box of Super Washing Soda (Arm and Hammer),
5 bars of Ivory soap
I have a “Laundry Soap Only Grater”. I went to the Dollar store and they had fancy colors so I got red!
So you open the boxes and pour the Borax and the washing soda into a large container. I use a 5 gallon bucket with a lid. An old cat litter container works great! Then you grate the soap. It goes quickly, soap is much softer than cheese. Then I take two wooden spoons and toss it like a salad.
I have added some scent crystals from time to time just to change things up a bit.
Some things you need to know about this detergent:
This detergent does not suds up, don’t be alarmed if you do not see bubbles in your washing machine.
You only need to use 1-2 tablespoons. A little goes a long way!
If you have an HE washer you may not be able to use this particular recipe. You need to know your washing machine.
2 packages ramen noodles any flavor, broken in half (discard seasoning packets)
3/4 C frozen peas
1 can tuna in water, drained and flaked
3/4 C shredded Cheddar cheese divided
1/2 C milk
1/4 C mayonnaise
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 2-quart baking dish.
2. Bring 4 cups of water to boil in a medium sauce pan over medium heat. Boil noodles for one minute. Add peas. Boil one minute more. Drain and rinse with cold water.
3 Combine tuna, 1/2 cup cheese, milk, mayonnaise, salt and red pepper flakes in a large bowl. Stir in noodles and peas. Pour into prepared dish and spread evenly. Top with remaining cheese.
4. Bake 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Makes 2 – 3 servings