2 packages ramen noodles any flavor, broken in half (discard seasoning packets)
3/4 C frozen peas
1 can tuna in water, drained and flaked
3/4 C shredded Cheddar cheese divided
1/2 C milk
1/4 C mayonnaise
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 2-quart baking dish.
2. Bring 4 cups of water to boil in a medium sauce pan over medium heat. Boil noodles for one minute. Add peas. Boil one minute more. Drain and rinse with cold water.
3 Combine tuna, 1/2 cup cheese, milk, mayonnaise, salt and red pepper flakes in a large bowl. Stir in noodles and peas. Pour into prepared dish and spread evenly. Top with remaining cheese.
4. Bake 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Makes 2 – 3 servings
Our volunteers play a significant role in running our clearinghouse. Do you want to help create a better life for those in need in our community? Love INC helps people by connecting needs with resources. You can help make a difference by coming in and answering phones at our welcome desk or joining our furniture delivery team. Here is a chance to put your compassion into action.
10 Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms. 1 Peter 4:10 NIV
All our volunteers have grown into their job by beginning with something they think is easy.
For example, one of our seasoned intake workers began by coming in once a month to stamp and fold newsletters. As she visited and helped get out our newsletters, she could over hear the process of answering the phones and talking with clients for intakes. Once she heard the process she felt more comfortable. We are always open to having prospective volunteers come and observe. We have periodic Volunteer training and meeting we would love for you to come to a meeting and see where you would fit into the ministry.
If you are interested in more information you can contact Marilyn at 780-4090 Ext 28 or programcoord@ alaska.net
Ramen is one of the most donated items in the food pantry; but what do you do with Top Ramen Noodles, besides warm them up with the season packets and eat them as soup? Today I am sharing with you another meal that uses Ramen Noodles.
Stuffed Bell Peppers
3 Large red bell Peppers, halved lengthwise and seeded
1 pkg ramen noodles, any flavor, cut into fourths (discard seasoning packets)
6 slices bacon, diced
1 cup finely chopped onion
1 tsp minced garlic
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
3/4 cup shredded Gruyere cheese
1 Tbls plus 1.5 tsp finely chopped fresh parsley
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place bell peppers, cut sided up in 9×13 baking pan
2. Cook noodles in boiling water in large saucepan over medium heat 2 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water until cool. Transfer to large bowl.
3. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add bacon; cook 6-7 minutes or until crisp and browned. Transfer to paper towel -lined plate with slotted spoon. Drain and discard all but 2 teaspoons drippings from the skillet. Add onion to skillet; cook 5 minutes or until softened. Ad garlic and black pepper; cook and stir 30 seconds. Transfer to bowl with noodles; stir in beans, cheese and bacon.
4. Stuff bean mixture evenly inside bell peppers. Bake 30 minutes or until filling is heated through and bell peppers are softened. Sprinkle evenly with parsley.