Ramen is one of the most donated items in the food pantry; but what do you do with Top Ramen Noodles, besides warm them up with the season packets and eat them as soup? Today I am sharing with you another meal that uses Ramen Noodles.
Ramen and Meatballs
3 packages ramen noodles (any flavor) divided (discard seasoning packets)
1 lb lean ground beef
1 tsp. dried oregano
2 cups marinara sauce
3 Tlbs. chopped fresh basil
2 Tlbs shredded or grated Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Coat baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Break off small piece of ramen; finely crush to make 2 tablespoons crumbled ramen.
3. Combine crumbled ramen, beef, egg and oregano in large bowl; mix well. Shape mixture into 16 (1.5 inch) meatballs. Place on prepared baking sheet. Bake 12 minutes, turning once.
4. Prepare remaining ramen noodles according to package directions; rinse and drain. Set aside.
5. Pour marinara sauce into large skillet; add meatballs. Cook and stir over medium heat 8-10 minutes until meatballs are cooked through.
6. Place noodles on serving plate. Top with meatballs and sauce; sprinkle with basil and Parmesan. Enjoy!
Makes 6 servings