FROM OUR DIRECTOR
As fear spreads along with the Covid 19 virus, the stock market downturn, closures and cancelations left and right, we may be reminded of the words of Job, who said “Man who is born of woman is of few days and full of trouble.” (Job 14:1)
While what Job said is generally true, let’s also remember Jesus’ words in John 14:27 “Peace I leave with you, my peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.”
Similarly, Paul in his second letter to Timothy said ”For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.” (2 Timothy 1:7)
The Psalmist shared with us great words of hope as well: “God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. 2 Therefore we will not fear, even though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea; 3 Though its waters roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with its swelling. Selah” (Psalm 46:1-3)
And “Whenever I am afraid, I will trust in You.” (Psalm 56:3)
As Paul wrote to the church at Colossae “And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful.” (Colossians 3:15)
As we allow these reassuring scriptures to calm us in the midst of the emotional storms going on, and we encounter those who have no peace, let’s remember Peter’s encouragement to share the good news in his first letter: “But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts, and always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear” (I Peter 3:15)
God is firmly in control, and we can trust Him all circumstances. Thank you for your prayers, donations and volunteer service.
| As we embark on Transformational Ministries, we need people who are looking for a way to help out with the many different aspects of getting this ministry up and running. These areas are: |
Board of Directors Transportation
Prayer Warriors Mentors
Images from Homeless Connect
WISHES FOR CHRISTMAS
Salvation Army – 907-586-2136 – (for more info. call)
- New toys for ages 1 – 18
- Toys for Teens – Nike/ Adidas, Games, etc.
- Angel Tree is located at the Nugget Mall. You are able to go and pick a name off of the tree with their Christmas wish.
- Food Box – Pick up date is on the 18th of December, clients will be assigned a pick up time.
- Coat, hat, gloves, etc. – Donations can be dropped of at the Salvation Army.
St. Vincent’s – 8619 Teal Street, 907-789-5535 ex. 7
- Adopt a Familystarts on Mon. Nov. 25th Clients don’t need to live in the St. Vincent housing to be adopted. Call to make a Toy donation, financial donation or to adopt a family.
- Warming Shelter – Located at St. Vincent de Paul’s building on Teal near the airport and will be served by a shuttle that will go in to operation at 11:00 pm when the city buses stop running and will stop at 7:00 am. The shelter can hold upto 40 people.
For more information on the Adopt a Family or on the Warming Shelter you can call St Vincent’s at the above number.
Love INC: 907-780-4090 ex 21
Loving Locals –
- Toys and items for Children
- games, athletic gear balls, etc. –
- Teens – Niki/Adidas, gift cards for places like McDonalds and Subway
The cutoff for Loving Locals is Wednesday the 18th.
If you have something to donate after Wednesday you can take items directly to St. Paul’s on Friday. The Loving Locals event is being held on Saturday. Thank you for all that has been donated.
AFTER HOURS DROP
If you would like to make a donation to the Love INC Wearhouse but are unable to come during office hours, we do have an afterhours drop off available. All you have to do is call ahead to arrange for a staff member to meet with you.
Call Monday, Wednesday or Friday between the hours of 10am – 3pm.
The Wearhouse number is 907-780-4090
Fred Meyer Community Rewards
YOU CAN HELP LOVE INC OF JUNEAU EARN DONATIONS BY SHOPPING WITH YOUR FRED MEYER REWARDS CARD!
Support Love INC of Juneau just by shopping at Fred Meyer with your Rewards Card. Fred Meyer is donating over $2 million each year – up to $550,000 each quarter – to the local schools, community organizations and nonprofits of your choice. All you have to do is link your Rewards Card and scan it every time you shop at Fred Meyer.
Here’s how the program works:
- Sign up for the Community Rewards program by linking your Fred Meyer Rewards Card to Love INC of Juneau at: www.fredmeyer.com/communityrewards. You can search for us by our name.
- Then, every time you shop and use your Rewards Card, you are helping Love INC of Juneau earn a donation!
- You still earn your Rewards Points, Fuel Points, and Rebates, just as you do today.
- If you do not have a Rewards Card, they are available at the Customer Service desk of any Fred Meyer store.
Our Transformational Ministries Prayer Meeting was a great success and exceeded our expectations! 22 people representing 8 churches attended. We are so thankful for unexpected donations and for the 3 new volunteers that came forward.
The following is our goal and mission for the Transformational Ministries:
Love INC is seeking God’s guidance in developing an ongoing ministry
that would help people with reaching goals, learning new skills and
sustaining self-sufficiency by connecting people to existing
classes/training in our community and partner churches.
As we come alongside people on this journey, we pray that they will
know the plans God has for them to give them a hope and a future.
Thank you to all those who were unable to attend the Prayer Meeting but were able to offer their support through prayer.