What do you do with Ramen Noodles? Ramen Noodles are one of the most donated items to food pantries. Probably because they are so inexpensive. I remember a time when Ramen was a staple in my diet. So what do you do with them? Besides warm them up and eat them as soup? We have several recipes that we will be sharing over the next few weeks. Feel free to print these out and try them!
No-Boil Ramen Lasagna
4 pkgs of ramen noodles (any flavor)
1lb ground beef
1 jar pasta sauce, divided
1 tsp dried oregano, divided
1 tsp dried basil, divided
1 tsp salt, divided
1/2 tsp pepper, divided
16 oz part-skim ricotta cheese
2 eggs, beaten
1 1/2 cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
3/4 grated Parmesan cheese
You can discard seasoning packets from Ramen Noodles
1. preheat oven to 350 degrees. Split block of dry ramen noodles horizontally into 8 squares set aside.
2. Brown ground beef for 6-8 minutes in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring to break up meat. Drain excess fat. Add 2 cups pasta sauce, half of oregano, basil, salt and pepper to moisture. Heat and stir to mix.
3. Place ricotta in large bowl. Add eggs, 1/2 mozzarella, 1/4 cup Parmesan and remaining spices to ricotta mixture. mix well.
4. Pour 1/2 cup pasta sauce into bottom of 9-inch square baking dish. Set 4 ramen squares on top of sauce. Layer as follows: ground beef, additional 1/4 cup sauce, ricotta mixture, remaining Ramen squares: repeat ending with ricotta mixture. Top with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan. Cover tightly with foil.
5. Bake 30 minutes. Remove foil and Broil 7-10 minutes until golden brown. Enjoy!
Makes 6 servings